Femili PNG’s Annual Report for 2016-17 is now available, covering our third year of operations in Lae.
Femili PNG’s vision is to provide effective client services and foster strong partnerships to address family and sexual violence (FSV) in Papua New Guinea.
Some of the highlights of our work towards this vision in 2016-17 included:
- Assisting 479 new clients (including 387 women) and their families to effectively access FSV services and assistance.
- Conducting 4,100 individual client support consultations.
- Strengthened our case management operations in Lae with the appointment of a Case Work Manager and an international technical expert.
- Hosted a successful speaking tour of Lae and Port Moresby by 2015 Australian of the Year, Rosie Batty.
- Entered into MOUs with three national organisations including Trukai Industries Ltd, the PNG Business Coalition for Women (BCFW) and the Lutheran Church.
- Expanded our operations to Hela Province through a partnership with the Oil Search Foundation.
- Strengthened outreach in Canberra through events including the Canberra Running Festival, a fundraising dinner and a trivia night hosted by the Zonta Club of Canberra.
For full details, download the annual report as a PDF here. Our audit report for 2016-17 is also available on this page.
Femili PNG is grateful to the many organisations that we have partnered with this year, as well as all of our volunteers and supporters.
If you value the work we do, please consider visiting our donate page and setting up a recurring donation to Femili PNG. Your financial support will allow us to continue helping Papua New Guinean women and children whose lives have been shattered by violence.