We invite you to join us on Femili PNG’s Trek to Protect in September 2018! As part of this adventure you will trek the Kokoda Track in an effort to raise funds for our critical work supporting survivors of family and sexual violence.
Survivors need access to a range of services, from medical and psycho-social care to transport, emergency shelter, police protection and legal recourse. This is where you can help.
By taking part in Femili PNG’s Trek to Protect, you will trek the track by day, open to the harsh and inspiring beauty of Papua New Guinea’s tropical rainforest. At night you will stay in secluded camps, sharing stories with locals and falling asleep to the nocturnal sounds of the jungle. It is set to be challenging and rewarding.
The funds you raise in this challenge will help Femili PNG to provide quality case management services to survivors of family and sexual violence in Papua New Guinea.
- Trek 96 kilometres through tropical rainforest, challenging mountain terrain and unspoiled villages along the legendary Kokoda Track
- Discover the rugged beauty of Papua New Guinea’s highlands and experience the extraordinary cultures of the region
- Retrace the footsteps of Australian and PNG history on an iconic pilgrimage
- Visit Femili PNG’s acclaimed case management centre in Lae, Morobe Province
- Help support Femili PNG provide critical services to survivors of family and sexual violence in Papua New Guinea