The Morobe Family and Sexual Violence Action Committee (FSVAC) appointed its new Committee members during its stakeholders meeting on 30th August 2017 in Lae. The members appointed are;
1. Hon. John Rosso (Lae MP) – Patron
2. Metropolitan Superintendent Anthony Wagambie Jr. (Chief Superintendent, Lae Metropolitan Police) – Chairman
3. Mr Robin Bazzinu (Deputy Provincial Administrator Social Service) – Deputy Chair
4. Ms. Denga Ilave (Operations Manager, Femili PNG) – Secretary
5. Ms. Thelma Hungito – Secretariat (FSVAC)
As the coordinating body, Morobe FSVAC continue to work in partnership with the existing service providers in order to provide effective and efficient service delivery to the survivors of family and sexual violence in Lae. FSVAC Secretariat Ms. Thelma Hungito said, ‘’All stakeholders each play an important role, and working together helps us minimize the cycle of violence.’’
There is now an improved networking, communication and cooperation between all of the family and sexual violence stakeholders in Morobe, working together to minimize the issue.